Sunday, August 12, 2007

design and content

I've decided to re-attempt creating a website. My previous tries have lacked two major components: design and content. This time I have a better feel for what I want "to make" and a little more spare time than I've had in the past. One thing that is big for me is HTML standardization - I pretty much hand code everything (in VIM) and so I'm very "code focused" or in this case "markup focused". I also don't like testing my code on 18 different browsers, so I'm trying to follow W3.org standards to the T. I'm hoping this project will give me a better understanding of current fundamentals in HTML, DOM, JavaScript, etc., to help me in my day job as a ColdFusion/Flex programmer. If you want to check on my progress, you can visit http://initzero.net/.

No comments: